Integrative Nutrition Internship
INI is a supervised nutrition program designed for emerging nutrition professionals enrolled in an accredited Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) or a dietetic internship (DI). This immersive experience is an opportunity to learn, explore and grow in a safe and supportive environment guided by experts in the field of nutrition and medicine.
Experience a patient-centered approach delivered by a Registered Dietitian Nutritionists. We place emphasis on giving you the necessary tools to cultivate a confident teaching voice and nurture your own clinical knowledge in nutrition. Our mission is to inspire you to BE the best version of YOU as an emerging nutrition professional – on and off the counseling room.
- Work with an interdisciplinary team that includes a registered dietitians, a gastroenterologist and nurse practitioner.
- Learn treatment modalities for various gastrointestinal conditions.
- Attend case studies presentations with experts in the field.
- Learn about medical nutrition therapy, integrative nutrition, and medication management for diabetes.
- Observe a live endoscopy and colonoscopy performed by the gastroenterologist.
- Experience the backend of owning a nutrition private practice.
- Become part of a private Facebook group and see exclusive webinars by our RDNs.
- Write monthly blog post as part of #MyFitBytesTeam.
We are the right fit for you if...
- Have an interest in integrative nutrition and herbal medicine.
- Want to expand your knowledge about supplements and food as medicine.
- Are comfortable working with an interdisciplinary healthcare team.
- Enjoy working with the hard-working immigrant community of Queens, NY.
- Want to learn about gastrointestinal nutrition and metabolic diseases.
- Are comfortable seen a live procedure, such as EGD and colonoscopy.
- Want to understand what it takes to own and grow a nutrition practice.
- Interest in science writing for the lay audience.
Meet Your Preceptor
Dietetic students enrolled in a DPD program
UNDERGRADUATES OR GRADUATES STUDENTS
- Complete at least 8 hours a week, at our office in Elmhurst, Queens during our office hours 9am-5pm onTuesday, Wednesday, Thursdays, and Saturday.
- Be enrolled in a DPD program.
- Interest in integrative nutrition.
- Must commit to at least 3 months or 1 semester.
Dietetic students enrolled in a DI program
COMMUNITY AND/OR ELECTIVE ROTATIONS
- Must be enrolled in a dietetic internship program.
- Interest in integrative nutrition.
- Complete at least 8 hours a week at our office in Elmhurst, Queens during our office hours 9am-5pm on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursdays, and Saturday. Must be available Saturdays.
- Confirm schedule two weeks prior to start of the rotations.
- Must have liability insurance.
Meet Our Past Interns
Dietetic Intern/ Lehman College
Graduate Student/ CUNY
Dietetic Intern/ Hunter College
Undergraduate Student/ Lehman College
Join the Integrative Nutrition Internship Program
CHOOSE DATES BELOW
Frequently Asked Questions
There is no required experience. However, we do recommend that you at least have taken your clinical nutrition course to get the most out of the experience.
Integrative medicine is an approach that focuses on the whole person using evidenced-based recommendations from all therapeutic approaches – such as nutrition, acupuncture, yoga, osteopathic manipulation, complementary and alternative medicine or CAM, among others – together to achieve optimal health and healing. Click here to learn about integrative nutrition.
We are currently accepting 2 interns per semester.
Yes! Many distance interns would count this experience towards your community or elective rotations. Check with program for specific requirements and contact us for questions.
Yes. We’ve had interns complete their fieldwork with us as part of their DPD program.
Sitting in at RD’s counseling sessions, blog post around integrative nutrition, GI, or herbal medicine, attend online nutrition presentations by RD, attend a live GI procedure at our procedure clinic, network with other healthcare professionals, conduct nutrition education classes at our office for families. This is just to name a few….
THIS WEBSITE AND PROGRAM ARE NOT AFFILIATED WITH ACEND-ACCREDITED COURSEWORK REQUIREMENTS FOR THE DIDACTIC PROGRAM IN DIETETICS (DPD) OR ACEND’S DIETETIC INTERNSHIP PROGRAM. TO ENSURE THAT ANY TRAINING OR SUPERVISED PRACTICE PROGRAM MEETS THE ACEND REQUIREMENTS, PLEASE VISIT WWW.CDRNET.ORG.